Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)

Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)

Through years of experience, I am adept at dealing with EPA matters both sensitively and strategically to protect my clients’ interests at a difficult stage in their lives.

My experience allows me to provide legal advice on your individual needs and the benefits and/or risks of making an EPA; the choice of person you wish to be your Attorney; prepare your EPA in accordance with your instructions and if you have an existing EPA and wish to cancel it, I can assist you in revoking it.

An EPA will grant the person of your choice (the Attorney) legal power to deal with your financial affairs and property (if EPA is registered with Landgate) and, essentially, allows you to choose who will deal with your affairs in the event you become mentally incapable and physically unable to deal with affairs personally.

In the event you become incapable of looking after your own affairs and you do not have an EPA in place, then the persons dearest to you will need to apply to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) to be appointed your EPA.  If the SAT is aware that there may be some family dynamics in place – such as in-fighting between certain family members, they will be reluctant to appoint a family member and instead appoint the Public Trustee to administer your financial affairs and they will charge a fee to do so.

For a Consultation Call 0419 912 899

Legal advice is the application of abstract principles of law to the concrete facts of the client’s case in order to advise the client about what they should do next.